The Everything Bar.
- 1 jar Maranatha almond butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup puffed brown rice
- 1 cup rolled (instant) oats
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup/8 tablespoons protein powder (at 20g per tbsp!)
- combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Using a pair of plastic gloves, mix and knead all ingredients together until the mixture is uniform.
- Place a layer of parchment paper on a baking sheet or pan.
- Spread the mixture onto the parchment paper and begin pressing it out until it meets all edges of the pan.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice the bars into equal sized squares and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Once the bars have chilled, you can separate them and pack them into individual bags or tupperware.
***These bars should stay refrigerated! They are made with nut butters which are not stable at room temperature. If you use nut butters that are not refrigeratable, I recommend buying the ones that are! They are better for you!!!!
Well I did it! A low-carb, high protein bar that is keto-friendly and low glycemic! It was seriously the easiest thing I’ve ever made…
Nuts are so underrated you guys. Seriously. They are sooo good for you! They have magnesium, selenium, vitamin E and a ton of other good things for you…Particularly if you are an athlete!
So I’ll be honest…I just took a crap ton of things from my pantry and threw them in here. AND it worked! So why not give this a try??
The mixture is DEFINITELY messy, but once you get it onto the pan it is easy to spread.
I will give you a tip that may or may not help you: Once I spread the mixture out I placed it into the oven for about 5 minutes to let the oats absorb some of the moisture from the butters. This may or may not make a difference for you but it was also a little easier to mold after that as well!
And omg. They were so good! I’ve already ate them and given them away and am missing them! Time to make more!!
Nutrition tip: These babies are not low calorie. They are dense! Cut them into 2” squares. They will keep you tied over through any hunger!!